Saturday, August 23, 2014

Towers at Discovery Time

Discovery Time is always a blast in Endeavour Block.  All the Year 2 kids come together and learn through doing, making and creating.  Yesterday was no exception.  Our theme was Towers. We brainstormed where we would find towers and looked at a few on the internet.  Then they were set their mission....  working together and managing themselves to create tall and amazing towers.  Some of the towers were really tall.  Here is what some of them thought of the skills they practiced.....


Michael
Riley, Joel and me built a big Eiffel Tower together.
  
Ellie
Sasha, Amber and me builded a very big fairy tale tower out of different stuff.  It was the tallest.
  
Dion
Wade, Liam, Cooper, Jaxson and me built a really tall newspaper tower.  We had to make lots of legs for it to stand up.  We had to cut and cellotape lots of newspaper together.
  
Blake
Grayson, Ollie B, Harrison and me built a big tower out of blocks.  It was as tall as Mrs H.
  
Luca
Olivia, Daisy and me built a tall tower with blocks.  We also drew some skytowers and castles.

Toby
Me, Mia and Abby made a big building out of connecta straws.  

Liam
I managed myself really well.  We worked really well and made decisions together and our tower ended up pretty tall.

Joel
I managed myself because I didn’t knock down anyone’s tower.

Grayson
I made good decisions and I built well.  So I managed myself well.


   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment